Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers say 2009

5:30 a.m. - dreaming, fast asleep... drip, drip, drip. Hand on face... I'm wet, look at hand -- alarmed I'm bleeding... no that's not it, becoming more conscious of, um... oh it's a boy standing over my face, HE is bleeding! Yikes – I’m up. The boy quietly says "um momma, happy mom's day, I have bloody nose."

The day got better, I promise. John and the kids took me out to brunch at my favorite Italian place, Birraporetti’s. I’m not sure what was best; the delicious food, the live jazz and the wonderful company.

At one point during lunch Daniel told me he "really really loves mommy." I asked him what he loves about mommy and he said "I love his heart". Made me laugh (the grammar) and cry both. Then he asked me what I loved about him so I said a bunch of things, "I love your heart, I love your eyes, I love your laugh, I love your ears." etc. When I acted like I was done he would say "more mommy, what more?" so I went on, "I love your nose, I love your voice, I love how funny you are, I love your toes, I love how kind you are..." He wouldn't let me stop. He craves that love and still doesn't believe it’s his. He still needed convincing.

Thanks for following along,
Tonya

No comments:

Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. ~ Psalm 127: 1a

Cosett's 8th Birthday

Kindergarten Graduation

Field Day 2009

A Day at the Farm - Daniel's field trip

Spring 2009

The Wrestling Match

January 2009 pictures

Christmas 2008

Children's Christmas Parade 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Shenyang Arboretum