Thursday, April 9, 2009

7.5 months... I love spell test mom!

“I love spell test mom! I really really love spell test. Look, I know spell test mom, I know. You show daddy I know spell test!”

He was so proud of himself as he displayed his perfect score on his spelling test today. I’m incredibly proud too. It has been struggle, learning the phonics needed to really know how to spell these words. Up until recently he would memorize the shapes of the letters and regurgitate them, but not in the right order and he didn’t have a clue what they meant. After months of hard work on everyone’s part, especially his, he actually got all the words right today AND he knew what sounds related to what letters AND what the word meant. Amazing little guy!

Come on 1st grade, we are ready for you now!

Proud mom,
Tonya

No comments:

Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. ~ Psalm 127: 1a

Cosett's 8th Birthday

Kindergarten Graduation

Field Day 2009

A Day at the Farm - Daniel's field trip

Spring 2009

The Wrestling Match

January 2009 pictures

Christmas 2008

Children's Christmas Parade 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Shenyang Arboretum