Monday, August 4, 2008

The Teddy Bear Room

This weekend our closets all threw up into the house! We were rearranging furniture, hanging mini blinds, cleaning windows, purging files, shredding, reorganizing, etc. Can you say NESTING? The problem is, the kitchen/dining room now look like, well I’m not sure how to describe the piles. But I have a bit of work to do before we can have a meal at the kitchen table again.

We made the final decision NOT to redecorate Daniels room, which used to be the nursery. We decided the teddy bears will stay. Honestly, we all have such deep attachment to the teddy bears; we just couldn’t pull them down yet.

When we were struggling with infertility, miscarriages and failed domestic adoptions; back in the “dark decade”, the Lord asked me to take a step of faith, to do something that showed him that I believed his promise to give us children. I decided to decorate the nursery as my step of faith. Everyone told me not to do it, especially my therapist. But I was determined. My in-law’s came to Texas and we spent the week putting wallpaper up, sewing curtains, shopping for furniture, etc. It was a fun week and I LOVED the result; the Teddy Bear Room. That room became my respite from the world. For years I had my quite time sitting in the glider in that room. It became such a sweet place where God healed my broken heart.

Of course years later God gave us Cosette and the Teddy Bear Room became her nursery. Her giggles filled every inch of that room for 5 years. Last summer Cosette wanted to redecorate. She wanted a loft bed and of course HOT PINK. So she decided to leave the Teddy bears behind and moved into her new room.

This weekend the Teddy Bear Room has gotten a face lift; it has grown up a little, and is going be Daniel’s room. Here’s a picture. We are still working on it, looking for an appropriate rug and a toy box. We look forward to God filling that room with happiness, laughter and more great memories.

Be blessed,

Tonya

No comments:

Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. ~ Psalm 127: 1a

Cosett's 8th Birthday

Kindergarten Graduation

Field Day 2009

A Day at the Farm - Daniel's field trip

Spring 2009

The Wrestling Match

January 2009 pictures

Christmas 2008

Children's Christmas Parade 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Shenyang Arboretum